Visitors can stroll through the gardens on the meandering shingle paths, watch dragonflies flit on the pond, or sit on a secluded bench. The 4-acre garden has year-round interest, structure, and colour so should be visited several times a year as each visit will differ with the change of seasons.
Garden admission is by pre-paid reservation to ensure each visitor can enjoy the peaceful beauty of this garden. Open Wednesday-Saturday from 10-4.
Booking is NOT necessary for the plant centre, treat shop, or shop.
TO BOOK PLEASE CLICK HERE
Save a little time to browse the plant centre and gift shop
which feature vintage garden ornaments, beautiful home accessories, cards, hats, scarves, seeds, gadgets, and unusual plants. No admission or booking is required for the gift and plant centre.
Refreshments, including hot and cold beverages, biscuits, cakes, and other snacks are available in our new treat shop.
Admission to the Garden is £9 per adult and £7 for children and seniors.
Payment must be made at the time of booking and is non-refundable.
Admission is free to card-carrying RHS members on Thursdays and Saturday BY RESERVATION ONLY.
Please note that you must bring your card with you.
Gardeners World 2-4-1 card will be accepted and you must bring your card with you.
Denmans Garden is not affiliated with the National Trust
and receives no outside funding.
The garden is shingle but many visitors in wheelchairs find it accessible.
One carer goes free with disabled visitors.
The Plant Centre features unusual plants most of which are propagated on site.
We do not have bedding plants or compost.
Please be prepared to pay with a card at the till.
Only four people will be permitted in the shop at one time.
WHAT TO EXPECT: Ts & Cs
Denmans has put in place measures to protect your health and ours. Please respect these terms:
- Please book your visit in advance and not that admission is non-refundable.
- You must arrive five minutes early.
- Late comers will not gain entry. Admission will not be refunded.
- The gardeners and staff are happy to answer questions but please observe the appropriate distancing always.
- Only a limited number of people will be permitted in the shop and masks will continue to be appreciated.
- As always, picnicking is not permitted — for a list of our favourite locals please click here.
- Signage throughout the garden will mark narrow areas and passing areas for your enhanced safety.
- Children must remain with their adults at all times and may not run through the garden.
- Dogs must remain on leads.
We ask that you please do not visit the Garden if you or a family member are feeling unwell or have Covid-19 symptoms. Stay at home and get better — we will be very happy to see you when are are back on your feet.
Click here for directions on Google maps. Scroll down for additional information.