Visitors can stroll through the gardens on the meandering shingle paths, to watch dragonflies flit on the pond, or sit on a secluded bench. The 4-acre garden has year-round interest, structure, and colour so should be visited several times a year as each visit will differ with the change of seasons.
We have been hard at work making Denmans as safe as possible in compliance with government guidance and upon the advice of other organizations.
Therefore, in compliance with guidance, garden admission is
by pre-paid reservation only.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us at 01243 278 950
(don’t forget to included your phone number)
to reserve your time slot.
Save a little time to browse the plant centre and gift shop
which feature vintage garden ornaments, beautiful home accessories, cards, hats, scarves, seeds, gadgets, and unusual plants. No admission is required for the shop or plant center.
Open Monday-Saturday from 10-4 and by appointment.
Admission to the Garden is £9 per adult and £7 for children and seniors.
Payment must be made at the time of booking and is non-refundable.
Admission is free to card-carrying RHS members on Thursdays BY RESERVATION ONLY.
Please note that you must bring your card with you.
Gardeners World 2-4-1 card will be accepted and you must bring your card with you.
Denmans Garden is not affiliated with the National Trust
and receives no outside funding.
The garden is shingle but many visitors in wheelchairs find it accessible.
One carer goes free with disabled visitors.
The Plant Centre features unusual plants most of which are propagated on site.
We do not have bedding plants or compost.
Please be prepared to pay with a card at the till.
Only two people will be permitted in the shop at one time.
To see the list of plants we have had available click here.
We have other plants for sale in addition to these.
WHAT TO EXPECT: Ts & Cs
Denmans has put in place measures to protect your health and ours. Please respect these terms:
- Only groups from one household or support bubble will be permitted. Additionally two people, one each from two households are permitted.
- You must arrive five minutes early.
- Late comers will not gain entry. Admission will not be refunded.
- Only the disabled lavatory will be available to the public at this time to ensure we can clean it regularly throughout the day so please plan accordingly.
- Areas for visitors to queue will be clearly marked.
- Benches are located throughout the garden. Please understand that we will not be able to clean them during the day. Benches on narrow walkways may not be used.
- The gardeners and staff are happy to answer questions but please observe the proper two-meter distancing always.
- As always, picnicking is not permitted — for a list of our favourite locals please click here.
- Signage throughout the garden will mark narrow areas and passing areas for your enhanced safety.
- Children must remain with their adults at all times and may not run through the garden.
- Dogs must remain on leads.
- We apologize in advance but in compliance with guidance, staff will be unable to assist in loading plants in cars after purchase.
We ask that you please do not visit the Garden if you or a family member are feeling unwell or have Covid-19 symptoms. Stay at home and get better — we will be very happy to see you when are are back on your feet.
Click here for directions on Google maps. Scroll down for additional information.